One of the "new generation" Kinetic kits. Key features:
- Nicely detailed cockpit
- MB Mk.4 ejection seat
- Positionable canopy
- Intake ducts down to the engine compressor face
- ATAR afterburner chamber and nozzle
- Choice of Mirage DS straked nose or unstraked Mirage IIID nose used on other variants
- Positionable speed brakes
- Positionable landing gear
- Optional Mirage IIIDS canards
Among the external store options in this kit:
- 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinders
- 1 x 500 liter centerline tank
From the review by Brett Green from www.hyperscale.com the following summary:
Kinetic's first 1/48 Mirage IIIE was a great kit and this two-seater release adds a new dimension with the new and improved fuselage sprue.
Surface textures are beautifully crisp and fine, detail is very good and in my opinion at less than $40.00 the kit also represents extremely good value.
You can see the full review here -
There is another excellent detailed review with pictures by Michael Benolkin of www.cybermodeler.com here -
- Mirage IIID: Two-seat training aircraft for the RAAF. Built under licence in Australia; 16 built
- Mirage IIIDA: Two-seat trainer for the Argentine Air Force. Two supplied 1973 and a further two in 1982.
- Mirage IIIDBR: Two-seat trainer for the Brazilian Air Force, designated F-103D. Four newly built aircraft delivered from 1972. Two ex-French Air Force Mirage IIIBEs delivered 1984 to make up for losses in accidents.
- Mirage IIIDBR-2: Refurbished and updated aircraft for the Brazilian Air Force, with more modern avionics and canard foreplanes. Two ex-French aircraft sold to Brazil in 1988, with remaining two DBRs upgraded to same standard.
- Mirage IIIDE: Two-seat trainer for Spanish Air Force. Six built with local designation CE.11.
- Mirage IIIDP: Two-seat trainer for the Pakistan Air Force. Five built.
- Mirage IIIDS: Two-seat trainer for the Swiss Air Force. Two delivered 1983.
- Mirage IIIDV: Two-seat trainer for the Venezuelan Air Force; three built.
- Mirage IIIDZ: Two-seat trainer for the South African Air Force; three delivered 1969.
- Mirage IIID2Z: Two-seat trainer for the South African Air Force, fitted with an Atar 9K-50 turbojet engine; giving 49.2 kN (11,100 lbf) thrust dry and 70.6 kN (15,900 lbf) with reheat. Eleven built.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.