The famous Sd.Kfz.234/2, commonly referred to as the “Puma”, was the first series-production variant of the Sd.Kfz.234 family of eight-wheeled armoured cars. It was armed with a 50 mm gun and a 7,92 mm machine gun, both installed in a fully rotatable turret. The first batch of vehicles was delivered in December 1943, and by the time production ceased in September 1944, a total of 101 vehicles had been produced. They served with various units on both the Eastern and Western fronts until the end of the war.
The kit features:
– New, large decal sheet printed by Cartograf, including markings for 12 different vehicles.
– One-piece turret housing with accurate weld pattern.
– Movable gun assembly including a detailed 50 mm gun with one-piece barrel, muzzle brake recreated with multiple slide-molded parts and mantlet with accurate cast pattern.
– Commander’s and loader’s hatches with interior detail can be assembled in open or close positions.
– Hull interior detail including both the front and rear driver’s positions.
– Driver’s and rear vision ports can be assembled open or closed.
– Engine deck ventilation louvers with open/closed option.
– Authentic multi-part muffler.
– Detailed spare wheel mounting frame.
– Delicate width indicator poles and star antenna.
– Realistic jerry cans including photo-etched parts.
– Photo-etched parts for lifting hooks, bumper details, starter cover and convoy