Limited edition 1/35 scale model kit of the Panzer IV Ausf.D tropical version.
Production of the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.D began in October 1939 and a total of 232 vehicles were completed until October 1940, with around 30 converted for use in tropical conditions by installing improved ventilation system and sand filters.
A few of these were also fitted with add-on armor on the front and sides of the superstructure.
The 4th and 8th companies of Panzer Regiment 5 belonging to the Deutsches Afrika Korps (DAK) used this variant in combat in North Africa though it was soon superseded by more effective longer-gunned variants.
The exclusive decal sheet printed by Cartograf contains markings for 8 different vehicles that served in North Africa in 1941, including one captured by British troops.
The kit features:
– Realistic suspension with multiple components which actually works like in the real vehicle.
– Tracks assembled from individual links.
– Simple tool for creating a realistic track sag.
– Separate front and rear fenders can be posed in a folded-back position.
– Optional add-on armor for the superstructure.
– Driver’s and radio operator’s hatches with interior detail can be posed open or closed.
– Complete machine gun with workable ball mount in the hull.
– DAK type engine deck hatches can be posed open or closed.
– Turret hatches, pistol port, signal port and ventilation cover can be assembled open or closed.
– 5-directional slide-molded commander’s cupola authentically recreates structural details.
– Realistic KwK 37 L/24 gun with delicate catcher for spent ammo shells and accurate rifling in gun barrel.
– Turret turntable unit with accurate floor pattern and crewmen seats.
– Photo-etched parts are provided for detailing on-vehicle tools, fenders, smoke grenade rack and installing optional marking placards.