A1364 - Airfix 1/35 Tiger 1 Late Version

AirfixSKU: A1364
filler

Price:
R 589.95
Add to Wishlist

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review
100%
(1)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
K
K.R.
Making Zimmerit

Hi. I experimented with a few items and found that "Alcolin Contractors Acrylic" works very well to make the Zimmerit. Could not source the putty, and looked in the garage for options. Well, it is done and looks OK. Still, a long way to go, but I find the model parts are well made and fit well together.

Description

Description

Production of the Tiger I began in August 1942 at the factory of Henschel und Sohn in Kassel, initially at a rate of 25 per month and peaking in April 1944 at 104 per month. 1,355 had been built by August 1944, when production ceased. Deployed Tiger I's peaked at 671 on 1 July 1944. It took about twice as long to build a Tiger I as another German tank of the period. When the improved Tiger II began production in January 1944, the Tiger I was soon phased out. Eager to make use of the powerful new weapon, Hitler ordered the vehicle be pressed into service months earlier than had planned.

During the whole of its service history, the Tiger-1 was constantly improved upon and adapted to counter the ever-improving Allied tanks and firepower it found itself up against. This version from the summer of 1944 comes with a asymmetric turret, 88mm cannon, mantlet, engine deck and accessory pack. A Zimmerit tool is also included.

Technical Specification & Detail

Dimensions 26 x 7 x 41
Scale 1:35
Skill 3
Flying Hours 3
Dimensions (mm) L241 x W102
Age Suitability 14+

Payment & Security

Mastercard Masterpass mobicred PayFast Instant EFT Visa Zapper

Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.

You may also like

Recently viewed

Customer Reviews

Based on 1 review
100%
(1)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
K
K.R.
Making Zimmerit

Hi. I experimented with a few items and found that "Alcolin Contractors Acrylic" works very well to make the Zimmerit. Could not source the putty, and looked in the garage for options. Well, it is done and looks OK. Still, a long way to go, but I find the model parts are well made and fit well together.